BLDEA Milestones

1910

Establishment of BLDEA by Vachanapitamaha Dr. P. G. Halakatti
Marking of BLDEA milestones has taken place in three phases under the leadership of three eminent personalities.
1. Establishment phase led of Dr. P. G. Halakatti,
2. Nurturing phase with the blessings of Sri Sanganabasava Shivayogiji of Banthanala Math and
3. Development phase during the period of Dr. B. M. Patil.

1914

New English School, run by Germany’s Basel Mission, was handed over to the association, which marked the the beginning of the associations’s voyage and a hit off a big BLDEA milestone in the education sector.

1917

Scaling up of Sri Siddeshwara Primary School into Middle School

1945

Establishment of Vijaya College (Currently S. B. Arts and K. C. P. Science College, Vijayapura)

1950

Commencement of a Teachers’ Training College

1980

Establishment of professional colleges (B.Ed., BE Colleges)

1986

Establishment of a Medical College along with a 700 bedded hospital

2003

Commencement of Law College

2005

Dr. P. G. Halkatti Research Centre started.

2008

BLDE University came into existence.

2010

Shri B. M. Patil Public School (CBSE) was established.

2011

A. V. Committee’s Ayurveda College was acquired by association making another one of BLDEA milestones

2015

Inception of Sanganabasava Centre For Contemporary Educational Excellence.

2015

Laying of Foundation stone to the administrative building of S.B. Arts and KCP Sciences College by eminent scientist and Bharat Ratna Dr. C. N. R. Rao