Dr. M. B. Patil assumed the responsibility of running BLDEA in 1990. Realizing the need for a separate university to provide quality education, he played a pivotal role in the establishment of BLDE University in 2008.
The BLDE University has been established as a deemed to be university under UGC Act 1956 under Article 3. In 1986, the Shri B. M. Patil Medical Sciences College and Research Centre was established as a single unit college. BLDE University has all the necessary facilities to provide best-in-class medical education. The BLDE University has all key medical departments, a central library and residential quarters on a sprawling campus. BLDE University’s aim is to get recognition as a reputed medical research university. The university is working hard to realize its goal.
- Recognized by National Assessment and Accreditation Council.
- Has obtained permission for an intake of 150 students for degree admissions since 1991.
- Every year, including 28 degrees and 16 diplomas and post graduations, admissions are given to 150 students.
- The graduate and post graduate courses are recognized by MCI.
- Has obtained the place in WHO’s list of medical colleges.
The Shri B. M. Patil Medical College and Hospital is spread over an area of 16 acres and is a 1,125 bedded hospital. It has wards with all facilities, modern operation facilities, emergency heart treatment unit, emergency care units and other treatment facilities.
This hospital, which has modern equipment to conduct most surgeries, is one of the prominent health center in North Karnataka as well as the southern part of Maharashtra state.
The hospital has 24×7 Blood Bank and a Pharmacy. It also has a well equipped eye bank registered under Human Organs Act, 1994.