Sri Banthanala Swamiji
Poojya Sri Sanganabasava Shivayogi Banthanala
- Sri Sanganabasava Shivayogi Banthanala Swamiji, was installed as a Pontiff in 1916 when he was just 17 years old.
- Sri Sanganabasava Shivayogi Banthanala Swamiji, from 1912 to 1972, from childhood to old age, accomplished a lot in the field of education and in creating religious and spiritual awareness.
- His extensively used mythological discourses to lead people on the religious and spiritual path. This made him a living god.
- His discourses on Prabhulingaleele, Basavapurana, Siddarama Charithre, Shoonya Sampadane, Akkamahadevi Charithamrutha, Nijagunara Anubhava, etc. took him closer to the people.
- He established a ‘Garadi Mane (Gymnasium)’ for gym practice, a library for readers, a primary school for children, and a Marriage hall for holding auspicious programmes, even before independence.
- In 1926, heeding the request of Dr. P. G. Halakatti, the founder of BLDEA, Poojya Sri Sanganabasava Shivayogi Banthanala Swamiji began efforts to strengthen BLDEA.
- In 1945, acting at the request of Poojya Sri Sanganabasava Shivayogi Banthanala Swamiji, Mathrushree Bangaramma Sajjana donated 54 acres of land to Sri Banthanala Swamiji and earned the name as ‘Danachinthamani’.
- In the same year, ‘Vijaya College’ was started in Bijapur.
- In 1951, Poojya Sri Sanganabasava Shivayogi Banthanala Swamiji organized a conference of all religions in Lachyana. He invited eminent personalities from Islam, Buddhism, Christian and Jain religions to the conference and paved way for religious harmony.
- Pooojya Swamiji established hundreds of high schools, free hostels and colleges in Vijaypura.
- A bronze statue of Sri Sanganabasava Shivayogiji has been installed in front of Shri B M. Patil Medical College.